Now is an exciting time to join Ark Rose Primary Academy.
To apply to Ark Rose Primary Academy, go to the council's admissions portal here: http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/school-admissions
Please contact the school for help with your application or to arrange a tour by calling 0121 458 5380 or emailing email@example.com.
Ark Rose Primary Academy is happy to consider applications for pupils to join the academy in-year. To do so, please get in touch by phone on 0121 458 5380 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark Rose Primary Academy is a non-selective, non-denominational, mixed school serving 4-11 year olds.
Applications for admission must be made on Birmingham City Council's Common Application Form. If the academy is oversubscribed priority is given to students with a statement of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement. The remaining places are then offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or -sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school (where there is no skill shortage)
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
You can view a copy of our 2016-17 admissions policy, which covers admissions for September 2016, by clicking on the link below:
Ark Network Appeals Timetable
September 2017 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2017 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||18 April 2017||20 May 2017|
|after 20 May 2017 (late appeals)|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.